Prevent Crimes Tips: Don't become a victim of vehicle theft (GTA - Grand Theft Auto)
• Never leave your car running unattended, even to dash into
a business, store, etc.
• Never leave any keys in the car or ignition, inside a locked garage, or in hide-a-key boxes.
• Always roll up your windows and lock the car, even if it is parked in front of your home.
• Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your car is locked. Put them in the trunk out of sight.
• Always park in high-traffic, well-lighted areas, when possible.
• Install a mechanical device that locks the steering wheel, column, or brakes. These devices will deter some criminals.
• Investigate the purchase of a vehicle theft tracking/security system, especially if you own one of the frequently stolen model vehicles (Honda Civics and Accords).
• Never leave personal identification documents, vehicle ownership title, or credit cards in your vehicle.
• If you must leave your key with a valet, attendant, or mechanic leave only the ignition key. Make sure you are dealing with a reputable firm.
• Copy your license plate and vehicle information (VIN) numbers on a card and keep them with you.
• Many vehicles today come with some type of security system from the factory. Normally there are upgraded systems available if you ask. The best choice are systems that shut off the fuel supply so that a car can't be started or driven.