Car Fix-It Ticket

Did you get a FIX-IT ticket?

The easiest way to do this is take the ticket and vehicle to the court and meet with a deputy, or designee, in a predesigned area.  There they will inspect the issue then sign the back.  The person will then be directed to take the ticket to the court clerk and pay the admin fee.  If the issue is expired registration or a replacement drivers license after fixing the problem at the DMV they can go straight to the court clerk.

When you fix the problem, get an authorized person to sign the "Certificate of Correction" part of your ticket. Take the proof of correction to the court and pay the dismissal fee before the deadline.

To get your ticket (citation) signed, go to the:

  • Sheriff Department or any non-LAPD police officer,  — for "fix-it" tickets - Click for locations
  • The DMV — to fix driver's license and car registration violations - Click for DMV location
    After you correct the problem, the DMV will sign the “Certificate of Correction” part of your ticket.
    You must take or mail the signed ticket with proof of correction to the court along with your dismissal fee. Do this before the deadline on your ticket
  • A court clerk — to resolve driver's license, car registration violations and proof of car insurance at the time of citation (Make sure you have the correct documentation.). First go to the DMV then  court.  You can check your ticket or contact the court to see if the court accepts proof of correction by mail. - More

NOTE: check what restrictions apply.  Some examples of "fix-it":

  • Brake violations require a certificate from an Official Brake Inspection Station.
  • Headlight violations require a certificate from an Official Headlamp Inspection Station.
  • Commercial vehicles such as large trucks must be inspected and certified by the CHP or the agency issuing the citation.
  • A certificate of correction cannot be issued unless all mechanical violations have been corrected.
  • The certificate of correction must be submitted to the traffic clerk at the address on the citation.

Did you get a parking ticket?  learn more here

LAPD West Valley Serving the Communities of: Encino, Lake Balboa, Reseda, and Tarzana

Feedback and Knowledge Base