Car Parked in front of my house
A car cannot park in the same spot for over 72 hours at a time. (LAMC Sec. 80.73.2)
Commercial car, cannot park in the same spot for over 3 hours on any other public street (Amended by Ord. No. 168,782, Eff. 7/12/93.)
To report extended parked car, contact the Parking Violation Bureau, Department of Transportation:
- Dispatch Center Phone: (818) 374-4823
- Website: http://www.lacity-parking.org/laopm/1_800.htm
- License Plate
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Color
- Vehicle Location (Street, block # and Cross Street, Zip)
NOTE: Without the location, zip code, and street address, a traffic officer can not find the stored or abandoned vehicle which will not allow us to process your request.
- If the person who reported the illegally parked vehicle lives at the location, goes out to meet the officer, and explains to them that he or she lives at the location and cannot leave the driveway due to its being blocked, the officer can impound the vehicle.
Applicable Law: http://www.lacity-parking.org/laopm/abandona.html
NOTE: The term commercial vehicle shall mean:
(1) a truck tractor; or
(2) a motor vehicle with commercial license plate; and
(A) exceeding 22 feet total length including bumpers, or
(B) 22 feet or less in length with the name of a business enterprise or establishment or a sign advertising a product or service painted, attached, or otherwise affixed on or to the exterior thereof.